ORM Profiler's client and profiler engine require the .NET framework v3.5 or higher to run.
The .NET framework is a free download from Microsoft: click here to go there.
ORM Profiler ships with support for the following O/R mappers and data-access layers:
- LLBLGen Pro Runtime Framework v3.x
- Entity Framework v1
- Entity Framework v4.x
- Entity Framework v5.x
- Microsoft.Data (WebMatrix)
- Any custom data-access code which utilizes DbProviderFactory to create ADO.NET class instances
- Any ODBC using data-access code through the DbProviderFactory System.Data.Odbc
- Any OleDB using data-access code through the DbProviderFactory System.Data.OleDb
Required for the O/R mapper or data-access layer to work with ORM Profiler is that it uses the
ADO.NET data providers system using DbProviderFactory.
Any ADO.NET provider which has registered a DbProviderFactory with .NET can be used, and the databases targeted by these ADO.NET providers
are supported by ORM Profiler. Additionally, ORM Profiler can obtain SQL execution plans for queries. This feature
is supported on a select group of databases:
- SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008R2/2012/Express
- Oracle 9i/10g/11g
- PostgreSql 7.4+/8.x/9.x
- MySql 4.x/5.x